Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adventures in Brewing: Success!

So after bottling my American barley wine four weeks ago and the clone of Bell's Two Hearted two weeks ago, I decided to open the latter and see how it had carbonated in its short period in the bottle. I had my fingers crossed as I would like to bring a few specimens to my bachelor party this weekend. The results? Look for yourself (not at the dirty counter top)....


Carbonated? Check. Head retention? Check. Smells like an IPA. Taste? That's was the moment of truth. Amazingly enough, it tastes good. A little rough around the edges, but good. I certainly wouldn't mind drinking one of these at the bar (which is good because I have forty-some-odd more in the closet). It could use a couple more weeks in the bottle to mellow and even out, but even now it's a solid showing.

Operation Beer Brewing? Overwhelming success. So who wants a beer crafted by yours truly? Or who wants to help me name this baby?

2 comments:

  1. My brother in law made a barley wine that he hated. Tasted like Guinness to me. Had a wicked punch, too.
    I need to try doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier than you could possibly imagine. If you know how to clean and follow directions, you can brew beer. Patience helps, too.

    ReplyDelete