Monday, January 24, 2011

My first book recommendation!

I just wanted to thank Loki from CincyVoices.com for my first book suggestion! Traffic and feedback has been about as slow as I would expect from a new blog and in the midst of growing frustration, Loki not only graced me with this blog's first comment, but gave me a great addition to my ever growing Master List.

Zeitoun, which was written by the masterful Dave Eggers, focuses on one man's experiences in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Obviously I haven't read the novel yet, so I can't give you the nitty-gritties, but knowing Eggers, it probably deals a lot with humanity (and lack thereof). He has always been great at putting both the hilarity and tragedy of the human experience down on paper, so I'm very much looking forward to this one.

If anyone reads this blog, but not CincyVoices (yeah, I'm kidding myself), you're doing yourself a disservice. Everyone at CincyVoices are great writers, photographers, and all that good jazz. Check them out at http://cincyvoices.com/ or follow them on Twitter (CincyVoices). 

Thanks again Loki! You're the best!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Josh, thanks for the shout out! I'm one of the contributors!

    adore the book love keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a team of bibliophiles on CincyVoices, of course we dig this blog! Thanks for the props!

    I know many of the people written about in Zeitoun and can state (as someone who was in NOLA at the time) that it is legit. Best picture of those days so far. Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete